Monday, October 29, 2012

Yachtsmen Steakhouse Review...


=





This was our first time here & it was our first ADR for our trip. We got there 20 minutes early & were given a pager. We only waited 5-10 minutes before we were seated.

Pager







When you first walk in they have a window where you can watch them butcher the fresh meat. It was our anniversary so they printed us off special menus & let us keep them. :)

Butcher Window 



Front of Menu 
Our waiter explained the different kinds of cuts & gave us some reccomendations. He told us we could substitute any side item that we wanted. The salads were excellent. That was the first time we ever had prosciutto. The bread was amazing at least the onion roll. It comes with salted butter & garlic puree on the side. 
Breads with salted butter & garlic puree
Filet Mignon with Potato Gratin
New York Strip in peppercorn brandy sauce  with Potato Gratin 
Truffle mac & cheese

Caesar salad with prosciutto



My husband ended up getting the New York Strip steak while I got the Filet Mignon.We both chose scalloped potatoes for our side & ordered an extra side to share of the truffle mac & cheese. I was very disappointed in the au gratin. I didn't really like it & normally I love anything potato! The filet was my favorite steak I had the entire week. I ordered it medium rare & it came out perfect! My hubby LOVES wine and was impressed with their wine list but I just had a beer.  I tried his steak but I didn't like the sauce so I was very happy with my selection.

The mac & cheese was AMAZING! It was my favorite part of the meal besides my filet. They brought it out in a mini cast iron skillet. It is the best mac & cheese we have ever had. I found the recipe online & will be trying to recreate it for sure! It was so good I couldn't speak!HAHA

A lot of tables had small children but they were well behaved which was nice & we didn't even notice the kids after awhile. Maybe we were there on a good night? :)

We were given a free anniversary dessert which was superb! It was homemade chocolate covered caramels & had fresh cooked apple in cinnamon sugar with chocolate words "Happy Anniversary" on the plate. The waiter told us they served the "best" creme brulee on WDW property so we had to try it. I really loved it as did my hubby. This was a very expensive meal but well worth it. We were there around 2.5 hours so don't think you can rush & eat here. We will be back for sure! If you are debating on which Siganture restaurant to go to please put this one on your list!


YUMMY! This was SO amazing!


Loved the creme brulee as well! 

Please remember to "LIKE" me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyohobloggerslifeformeblogspotcom/399050306822131#




No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Kate Smith likes

Yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.comYohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Create your Like Badge