Monday, July 29, 2013

Disney Carrot Cake Recipe...



I found this cookbook on Amazon.com for $15 recently! I promised to bake something for a guy at work & he wanted carrot cake so this was a great opportunity to try a new recipe. This recipe is extremely easy & quick to complete. I followed the recipe/directions exact. I should have checked on the cakes before the time was up. These came out a tad dry in my opinion. The guys at work LOVED this. I just iced them into two 9" cakes separately instead of stacking them into one double layer cake. I did that so it was easier to transport for myself. Next time I make it I will cook less & make into double layer. The recipe calls for buttercream icing  but I used a Disney Cinnamon cream cheese frosting recipe that I already had to give it a little something extra. The guys came back for 3rd & 4th's of this cake so I'm assuming they really liked it. :) Just be careful when making this in 9 inch pans & watch them. I was doing too many things at once & lost track of the time. :) I will definitely make this again!

Quick Tip: I highly recommend a food processor with shred attachment & nut chopper for this recipe! I also used baby carrots for this recipe so it was easier to put in processor.

Best mixer attachment ever!!!!








Here is the recipe for the frosting: 

1 c unsalted Butter (softened)
1.5 c cream cheese softened (1.5 blocks)
1 t Vanilla 
2 c Powdered Sugar
1/2 t ground cinnamon 

Blend butter & cream cheese together until smooth. Then slowly add rest of ingredients until mixed well & smooth! 




Mix oil & sugar well









Batter after everything is added





I made 2 cakes exactly like this





Please remember to "Like" me on Facebook at:



Follow My Boards on Pinterest at:


Or on Tumblr At:





2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! I have been searching for a special carrot cake to make for my fiance's birthday and this is perfect! The cinnamon frosting is a delicious touch!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Kate Smith likes

Yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.comYohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Create your Like Badge